By Team Mystifly on Jun 29, 2018 11:47:45 AM
"A man grows most tired when he is standing still" – Chinese Proverb
Our Mystian of the Month took a leaf straight out of this book and made it his life lesson. He’s a fireball with a bundle of energy. A live wire at work, he hustles through his day and ensures perfection in everything he gets his hands on. Meet Mystifly’s eager beaver and our featured employee of June – Yijing Gao.
Born to a traditional family in Shanghai, Yijing completed his majors in Mathematics from Tongji University, China. Soon after graduation, his career kicked off from the word go. His first professional stint was in the motorcycle industry in Nigeria where he worked as a Sales Executive for three years. In 2008, he flew back to China and joined Aslan as an airfare Data Processor. From then on things took a turn for the better. “I met my wife there and now we have a lovely five-year old son together”, gleams Yijing.
Joining Mystifly in October 2017 as a Senior Product Manager marked a new beginning for Yijing. Assigned as the Project Manager for Double 11, Yijing took up his first task head-on. Though the limited time and resources was a challenge, he led the team with a never give up attitude. “The team worked very hard, day and night to fix issues and achieve the target. After 36 sleepless hours, we managed to meet our goal. It was an amazing experience”, boasts a proud Yijing.
We decided to catch up with the man of the hour with a Proust Questionnaire and here’s how he tackled the questions.
Proust With Gao:
- What is your idea of perfect happiness?
- What is your greatest fear?
- What is the trait you like the most in yourself?
- Which living person do you most admire?
- What is your greatest extravagance?
Playing with my son
- What is your current state of mind?
Positive and happy
- On what occasion do you lie?
When my son asks me when I’ll be back home after work
- What do you most dislike about your appearance?
- What is the quality you most like in a man?
Self - Confidence
- What is the quality you most like in a woman?
- Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
- What or who is the greatest love of your life?
My wife and my son
- When and where were you happiest?
When I’m at home watching my son play in front me
- Which talent would you most like to have?
Talent to understand people easily
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- What do you consider your greatest achievement?
To be able to have a family like mine
- If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?
- Where would you most like to live?
With my family, anywhere in the world
- What is your most treasured possession?
- What is your favorite occupation?
- What is your most marked characteristic?
My unremitting attitude
- What do you most value in your friends?
- Who is your favorite writer?
- Who is your hero of fiction?
- Which historical figure do you most identify with?
- Who are your heroes in real life?
- What is your favorite name?
- What is it that you most dislike?
- What is your greatest regret?
I have no regrets in life
- What is your motto?
There is always a solution
Evidently, Yijing values his family ahead of anything in the world. He cherishes every second he gets to spend with his wife, Jie Huang and his five-year old son, Leye Gao. Three years from now, Yijing plans to go on a round-the-world sailing trip with his family. “This is a promise that I have made to myself and I intend to keep it. The adventure of a lifetime awaits, with the two people that I love the most in the world. Watch me set sail”, signs off Yijing.
Mystifly is proud to have found an achiever in Yijing and wishes him the best in all his future endeavours.